Position: Lead Engineer
Department: Operations Department
Reports to: Operations Manager
Level: Line Management
Base: Skipton Head Office
Gaist Solutions Ltd is currently going through a period of significant growth, investment, and restructuring. This has created the requirement for a new position within our Fleet Engineering Team to work within our Operations Department to assist the business in the successful maintenance of current vehicles and the build of new vehicles and equipment. The role will also require the postholder to coordinate the build and shipment of surveying equipment to our UK and international client portfolio and assist in the technical queries that may arise.
The role of the Lead Engineer has been newly developed; therefore, the successful candidate will be required to work closely with the Fleet Manager and Operations Manager to regularly review the core responsibilities of the position and adapt to the changing needs of the business. An overview of the role is listed below;
Key objectives of role:
The objectives outlined below are for the first 6 months of the role to fulfil immediate business needs, which will consist of approximately 80% allocated to manual work and 20% to other duties such as administrative and project coordination.
- Build the new fleet vehicles with 360 systems through to operational launch. In addition, but not limited to, training material and process documentation.
- Maintain current fleet vehicles and systems to a safe and efficient operating condition, following robust maintenance and repair regimes.
- Coordinate the shipment of 360 systems to international clients.
- Comply with fleet regulations and practices at all times.
- Support the procurement of replacement vehicles on a rotational basis to achieve the best operational decision and value for money.
After the successful probation period and completion of the immediate fleet requirements, the role will then begin to take on more project management needs and wider fleet management responsibilities outlined below, which are subject to change following future review.
- Project Manager and line manager to Fleet Maintenance Engineer and Mechanic/ Apprentice.
- Ensure the timely booking of repairs, MOTs, servicing requirements, fuel cards and accident reporting are met.
- Support in the procurement and disposal of all Gaist Solutions Ltd company vehicles.
- Maintain records, proving that the fleet is compliant with regulations whilst demonstrating value for money.
- Carry out maintenance of the fleet vehicles.
- Adhere to schedules to ensure that the optimum number of vehicles are working at all times to meet Gaist Solutions Ltd customer needs.
- Support the Fleet Manager in budget management of fleet repairs, on costs and administrative costs, recognizing the need of value for money in compliance with Financial Regulations.
- Support the implementation of policies and processes to ensure the fleet and its operatives operate effectively and efficiently.
- Act in a positive and constructive way to help develop and maintain the company brand.
- Take responsibility for own health, safety and welfare and that of colleagues in the workplace.
- To take responsibility for demonstrating the aims of the company’s equality and diversity objectives.
- Adhere to IT security and Data Protection Legislation.
- Support line management in the development of the role.
- Understand, embrace and apply the departmental culture of continuous improvement.
- Provide awareness to peers and operators on fleet compliance issues.
- Any other tasks which are deemed reasonable to achieve the overall business objectives.
- Experience in 5s implementation and management or similar
- Minimum of 2 years line management experience in an engineering environment
- Mechanical and Electrical Qualifications
- Project Management Experience
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- 3% employer pension contribution
- Life Assurance (eligible after 6 months)
- Private Health Cover (eligible after 6 month)
If you believe you or anyone you may know would be a suitable candidate for this role and are interested in the opportunity, please submit a copy of your CV and a brief explanation of the skills you can bring to the role advertised to email@example.com for consideration.
Although we aim to respond to all applicants, if you do not receive a response within 10 days, unfortunately your application has not been successful. Due to the number of applications we receive for roles at Gaist, we are unable to guarantee a response to all submissions that are not progressed to interview stages.