Gaist Solutions Ltd is currently going through a period of significant growth, investment, and restructuring. This has created the requirement for a Lead Survey Operative position to work within our Operations Department to assist the business in the successful delivery of survey projects to our increasingly diverse client portfolio. The position holder is required to assist management with fleet operations, maintenance, and productivity levels of the fleet.
The role of the Lead Survey Operative has been newly developed; therefore, the successful candidate will be required to work closely with the Fleet Manager to regularly review the core responsibilities of the position and adapt to the changing needs of the business. An overview of the role is listed below;
Key objectives of role:
- Provide strategic and operational leadership of Projects assigned.
- Support the successful project delivery to the customer by working closely with the Operations Teams to ensure projects are delivered on time through effective work allocation and time management.
- Assist management to control and reduce operating costs through efficiency and continuous improvement strategies.
- Create and manage work packages for the fleet operatives and track project completeness for the projects assigned to you.
- Dedicated trainer for all fleet operatives.
- Provide cover for Fleet Manager and SafetyView PM when absent from work for fleet related duties.
- Carry out the duties of Fleet Operatives when required to cover absences and sudden increases in demand.
- Assist management with booking repairs, MOTs, servicing requirements, fuel cards and accident management.
- Assist with the contract management of our external tracker provider to monitor and improve driver management, sharing this information with the relevant third parties and Operations Management Team.
- Maintain records on project status and highlight any delivery concerns with the Fleet Manager
- Manage workloads of the fleet operatives working on the project(s) you have been allocated responsibility for.
- Maximize fuel economy through efficiencies of workload management, route optimization and manage the fuel card usage.
- Ensure policies and processes are adhered to for the fleet and its operatives to operate effectively and efficiently, educating staff with the practices and procedures of Gaist Solutions survey processes.
- Act in a positive and constructive way to help develop and maintain the company brand.
- Take personal responsibility for own health, safety and welfare and that of colleagues in the workplace.
- To take personal responsibility for demonstrating the aims of the company’s equality and diversity objectives.
- Adhere to IT security and Data Protection Legislation.
- Support line management in the development of the role.
- Understand, embrace and apply the departmental culture of continuous improvement.
- Provide advice and guidance to peers and operators on fleet compliance issues.
- Any other tasks which are deemed reasonable to achieve the overall business objectives.
If you believe you would be a suitable candidate for this role and are interested in the opportunity, please submit a copy of your CV and a brief explanation of the skills you can bring to the role advertised to email@example.com for consideration.
Although we aim to respond to all applicants, if you do not receive a response within 10 days, unfortunately your application has not been successful. Due to the number of applications we receive for roles at Gaist, we are unable to guarantee a response to all submissions that are not progressed to interview stages.
This job advert is open until Friday 18th September 2020 at 5pm.